It was a cold morning and thus appreciated the 9:30 start so that we could enjoy the sun for our two hour walk from the Fairgrounds to Bailey Hill Road. We stopped at the 1912 Richardson Bridge where Darko pointed out the plaque explaining that the bridge was first used to span the Crooked River, and then in 1956 it was moved to the Siuslaw River, and finally in 1986, it became part of the Fern Rdige Bike Path. Back at the fairgrounds we shopped for produce at Fill Your Pantry at the Holiday Farmers Market and then had lunch at the international Food Court. We hope it is on the schedule next year!Members: Janet Jacobsen, Mark Hougardy, Christiane Hougardy, Joel Greer, Esme Greer, Keiko Bryan, Barbara Gunther, Vicky Hanson, Darko Sojak, Holger Krentz. Nonmembers: Cynthia Poindexter, Alice Krentz.
Obsidians at Richardson bridge.—photo by Darko Sojak
click here for more photos from this trip
Copyright © 2000-2017 Obsidians, Inc. Last Updated 13 Jun 2014
Email: Obsidians Email: Webmaster