Sunriver ’Scape 2005

April 15-19, 2005

For those of you who pooh-poohed the idea that there would be snow at Bachelor in mid-April—you missed some great skiing/snow-shoeing! According to the local ski experts, the snow was the best they’ve had all season!

This was a multi-sport weekend. We hiked Paulina Creek, Smith Rocks, and along the Deschutes (Benham and Dillon Falls area), and we skied and snow-shoed at Mt. Bachelor/Todd Lake. The highlight at Smith Rock was seeing a golden eagle and later, seeing and hearing two Canada geese who thought they were eagles—they sat up in the cliffs and made a terrible fuss. It was also quite interesting watching the large number of climbers scale the cliffs.

In the evenings, we played a very fun game called “Taboo” and then another night, Stewart demonstrated his prowess at Trivia Pursuit—he knew 80% of the answers and the rest of us combined knew 20%. Just sitting around reading or in the hot tub was very relaxing. And of course, eating was always a highlight—Anne’s tiramisu was scrumptious!

Thanks to all for a great long weekend at the first annual Obsidian Sunriver Escape: Anne Bonine, Kathy and Stewart Hoeg, Richard Hughes, Bob Huntley, Jack O’Donnell, Leila Snow, Nancy Whitfield, and coordinator Lana Lindstrom.



Home   About Us    Our Activities    Contact Us   Join Us    Gallery   Outdoor Links    Members Only

Copyright 2000-2016  Obsidians, Inc.      Last Updated  27 Apr 2009

Email: Obsidians          Email: Webmaster