Riverwalk: DeFazio-Greenway Bridges
August 25, 2005
Local historian Doug Card told us about some of the early river
and Eugene history, from the pre-contact native people whose
population had already been drastically reduced by 1770 because of
diseases brought by European ships and explorers.
He showed us the remnants of the first Ferry Street Bridge and showed
us where it is thought Eugene Skinner’s cabin really stood and
where his farms and orchards were.
Because of time constraints, we didn’t even cross the river.
Margo Fetz (leader),