Coburg to Brownsville
June 24, 2000
This bicycle trip to Brownsville from Coburg and back gave us a sunny,
bright view of rural southern Willamette Valley. The group of three Obsidians
followed Coburg North Road, Priceboro and Cap Roads. Part of this route was used
by early settlers and we found a marker at Union Point that was the site of the
first Presbyterian Church in the area, established in 1852. Lunch was in Pioneer
Park in Brownsville. Following this we zig-zagged down the flatter part of the
Valley with a tail wind from the north. We arrived back in Coburg at 4:00 p.m.
No flats and very little traffic contributed to a very pleasant 48-mile ride for
Gayle Berge, Dick Moffitt and leader Norma Lockyear.