December 4-6, 1998
My most sincere condolences to those of you who missed a spectacular three-day ski-weekend.
What was the highlight?
- Everything — Sharon Ritchie
- Good food, good company and the best skiing ever.
Full moon, bald eagle, lattes and snow falling all the time are memories to get us through the
gray days of winter — Leona Devine
- Great downhill skiing from the summit at “The Pass”.
With an additional 6" during the day Saturday.
Fantastic for the first weekend in December (or anytime in the Cascades)
— Bill Disher
- My first Obsidian trip: snow, peace, focus, people, food, friendships, warmth, exploration
and perspective and discovery; such an awesome time.
I am most grateful — Neil Van Steenbergen
(… also, PJ cheats at hearts!).
- What a great group of people to spend a snowy weekend with skiing the shores of Odell Lake
— Dave Stone
- I loved seeing the animal tracks in the snow, watching birds in the trees, air, on the water
(especially an immature bald eagle), the sunlight through the snow shrouded trees and the
perfect snow — Elizabeth Gates
- Powder in the Cascades! Nothing better! - Clare Tucker
- What a winter wonderland! Great snow, most special people and
food galore … ah! heaven — Chris Shuraleff
- The age of wonders are still with us!
Even the poor fitting snow chains stayed in place, and the shy resident wolf (part dog)
was so timid, gentle and beautiful it made one full of wonder
— Birgitte Williams (trip leader)