January 19, 1986
It was raining when we left Eugene at 9 a.m. and continued for most of the day. The temperature was in the 50s.
We parked at the parking lot where road 1828 interests with the main road at milepost 9. We walked downstream clearing the trail of fallen branches and trimming overhanging branches for about 1.5 miles.
The main project of the day was removing a rotten log which had fallen across a footbridge, smashing the bridge. We managed to make the bridge passable, but it should be replaced. Within a hundred yards past the bridge, several large diameter trees had fallen across the trail. These trees were too large for our chain saw and should be referred to the Forest Service for removal.
We left Fall Creek around 2 p.m. and returned to Eugene after stopping at the Dairy Queen in Pleasant Hill.
Fall Creek trail workers were Mary Bridgeman, John Cecil, Mert Heyman, Betty Macy, Velma Shirk and leader Freda Miller.