Scott Mountain

July 31, 1985

After some 51 days of sunshine, Wednesday, July 31st, dawned to rain and gloom. However, there were only three no-shows and nine soggy folks arrived at the SEHS parking lot ready to leave for Scott Mtn. By the time we reached Blue River a couple of tiny spots of blue appeared and the heavens were clear at the trailhead. The hike was beautiful but the clouds had set in again by the time we reached the top. However, the cloud base was about 7500 ft. so we could see everything except the snow-caps.

The rains had started again by the time we got back to our cars and it rained hard all the way back to Eugene. The moral is a 70% chance of rain leaves a 30% chance of sunshine if your timing is perfect. Happy hikers were Pat Anderson, Pat Gump, Mary Millman, Karen Payne, Velma Shirk, Judy Stiak, Bill Williams and leaders Ellen and Bob Tracy.


Home   About Us    Our Activities    Contact Us   Join Us    Gallery   Outdoor Links    Members Only

Copyright 2000-2016  Obsidians, Inc.      Last Updated  27 Apr 2009

Email: Obsidians          Email: Webmaster