“Walk through Oregon History”

July 15, 1981

We left the South Eugene High School parking lot at 8:00 a.m. via Trailways bus. The weather was beautiful. At the Horner Museum on the Oregon State University campus, we saw a 30-minute film “Hidden Valley” portraying early days in Corvallis, and spent another 30 minutes looking at the exhibits on early Oregon history.

We reached Salem and went into the working room of the Kay Woolen Mill (1889) where we heard an interesting talk on the processes that take place in spinning yarns and weaving wool. Picnic tables on the site were used for our lunch. After lunch we visited Jason Lee House (1841), The Parsonage (1841), and the Boon House (1843) all located on this beautiful Mill Park property. The Bush House (1877) and Salem Art Museum located in the Bush barn were our last stop before returning to Eugene.

A most enjoyable and worthwhile trip in every way was experienced by Beulah Barker, Rita Baxter, Grace Carter, Virginia DeMers, Geraldine Fehly, Florence Givans, Jan Gund, Laura Hayes, Florence Journey, Virginia Horton, Jane Hilt, Bette Hack, Helen Lynch, Evelyn and Herbert McCornack, Flo Moore, JoAnn and Bruce Moorhead, Marguerite Newman, Dean and “Pat” Patterson, Bonita Rickard, Lois Schreiner, Flora Smith, Grace Smith, Norma Smith, Myrtle Smith, Hazel and Clifford Stalsberg, Betty Stamm, Elinor Thomas, Virginia West, Tess Yarnell, Nora Robertson, and leaders Jennelle Moorhead and Louise Barnes.


Home   About Us    Our Activities    Contact Us   Join Us    Gallery   Outdoor Links    Members Only

Copyright 2000-2016  Obsidians, Inc.      Last Updated  31 Dec 2009

Email: Obsidians          Email: Webmaster