Matthieu Lakes through Oppie Dildock Pass to Frog Camp
September 15, 1979
It was a perfect Obsidian hike—Why?
- Everyone awake and on time for an early morning departure under a starry sky.
- Sixteen enthusiastic hikers—some Obsidians, some not; some fast, some slower
- A gorgeous sunny day but not too hot
- Changing views of lakes, lava, forests, and lakes.
- Thirteen miles covered easily with plenty of time for leisurely lunch
stops and a side trip to Collier View.
- Friendships renewed and congeniality among all.
- Satisfaction at day’s end and gratefulness for the beauty and accessibility
of our Oregon high country.
- Hikers were:
Dick and Mary Bentsen,
Gene and Nancy Moen,
Margaret Wiese, leader.